i hate having to pay all of them equally.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
saturday, the 18th, moe and i went to a restaurant and we didn’t even have to pay for all of our food because we had a gift card.
3. Do you regret losing your virginity to who you lost it to?
virginity is overrated. most people spend a lot more of their lives as not-a-virgin than they do as a virgin, and, for the most part, the part of your life that you spend as a virgin is also the part of your life where you have the least experience doing the things that make up your life, so i don’t understand why people make such a big thing about being a virgin.
for the record, no.
4. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
it would be nice if i could go back and not have my brain injury, because dealing with the effects of that (not the least of which is that before my injury i was right-handed, but after my injury, i am now left-handed) is really irritating, but enough good has taken place in my life since then that i’m not sure i’d even change that…
5. Name your first grade teacher?
Mrs. Robinette. she was also my 8th grade algebra teacher.
6. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Sacrificing The Holy Vegetable… hang on while i do so now…
ahh… that’s better…
7. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
8. How many colleges did you attend?
5? 6? lost count…
9. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
top of the pile.
10. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
we’re paying $3 to $5 a gallon but people in afghanistan and iraq only have to pay 5 cents a gallon. we’re currently at war with 2 countries, and potentially a 3rd at any moment, so that we can control – for profit – something that is going to be completely gone in 50 years anyway. it’s time focus less on driving your gas powered vehicle, lawnmower, weedeater, hedge trimmer, or whatever, and focus more on finding a new way to fuel our lives, if we don’t want the world as we know it to come to an abrupt, screeching halt.
11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you where would it be?
the oregon coast with moe and the dogs… and cats… and snake…
but it would also have to be a big enough space that i could set up my workshop, because if it weren’t, then i think we are better off where we are.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
how god damn irritating it is that, ever since my injury (see question number four), whenever something startles me (like the alarm), my right arm jerks uncontrollably, and, in this particular instance, the result was that i hit moe in the abdomen.
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
14. Favorite style of underwear?
15. What errand/chore do you despise?
cleaning the cat box.
16. If you didn’t have to work, would you volunteer?
i don’t work, in the conventional sense. my “job” – so to speak – does not require very much attention at all, so i have plenty of time to “volunteer” (again, so to speak). it’s when i don’t have anything to do that i get most depressed and disturbed.
17. What is your favorite cartoon character?
18. Favorite thing to do at night with a girl/guy?
cuddle and watch movies.
19. Have you found real love yet?
20. When did you first start feeling old?
i first remember feeling “old” when i was about 22 and a random girl on the street asked me how old she thought i was, and was shocked when i guessed right without even thinking about it.
21. Favorite 80’s movie?
22. Your favorite lunch meat?
23. What do you get every time you go into Costco/Sams Club?
you wouldn’t catch me inside a sams club to save my life, and i’m only slightly less disgusted with costco, although i actually am a member there. probably the thing i get every time i go (which isn’t often) is bread.
24. Beach or lake?
ocean beach… at night…
25. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
i think it’s time for us as an entire people, to re-examine a lot of ancient, traditional rituals, and marriage is among them.
26. Do you own property?
27. Favorite guilty pleasure?
28. Favorite movie you wouldn’t want anyone to find out about?
29. What’s your drink?
water or beer. occasional shot of whiskey. even more occasional mountain dew.
30. Cowboys or Indians?
31. Cops or Robbers?
32. Who from high school would you like to run in to?
nobody from high school that i would really like to run into, but there’s a guy with whom i went to elementary school that i’ve been
stalking for about 15 years that i wouldn’t mind running into.
33. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
34. Norm or Cliff?
bleh… now if you’d asked Hawkeye or Trapper, you might have gotten a response from me.
35. ‘The Cosby Show’ or ‘The Simpsons’?
neither, but if i had to watch one or the other, it would have to be the simpsons
36. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
i’m not sure… the worst relationship i have ever been in is the one in which my son was the ultimate outcome, and if i took back that relationship, i would also have to live knowing that my son would not exist, so i don’t know.
37. Do you like the person who sits directly across from you at work?
work? what work?
38. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
i had breakfast with bucky fuller… does that count?
39. Indoors or Outdoors?
under the right circumstances, outdoors is definitely preferable, but indoors is perfectly fine under every other circumstance.
40. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
no, but it has been crashed for me…
41. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
yep. my workbench caught fire and i used a fire extingusher to put it out… and then i cleaned fire extinguisher powder out of every nook and cranny in the stuff that was on my workbench for 25 years afterwards.
42. Last book you read for real?
sri ganapati sahasranaamavalih
43. Do you have a teddy bear?
no, i have a moe.
44. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
45. Somewhere in California you’ve never been and would like to go?
you’re assuming that anywhere in california is a desirable place to go… personally i’d rather go just about anywhere else.
46. Do you go to church?
yep. i attend services at the seattle vedanta society, but it’s getting more and more infrequent because i live so far away these days.
47. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
probably new career, although i would still like to get at least one of my old careers off the ground enough to support me.
48. Just how OLD are you?
i have been alive for fourty seven, but i have only had eleven birthdays.