Microsoft declares war on free software – are they just learning about it now, or what? this just seems to be the latest in a long string of events like this that microsnot has engaged in, over at least ten years i can think of, to bring linux in line with the microsnot business model… and from the way it’s starting out, i would guess that it’s going to be as successful as the last thing they tried.
Liberty University Student Affairs: Reprimands and Consequences – this will be my last word on jerry falwell, ever: i’m glad this wasn’t in force at my college, because i would have been expelled even before taking up residence. can they really get away with shit like this at a private university? i mean, doesn’t the bill of rights exist for liberty university students?
7 thoughts on “963”
i wonder more about those $10 fine, or $25 fine… 99.5% of the people with whom i went to college, including myself, would rack up so many of those that we wouldn’t have any money left for tuition… “Allowing unauthorized overnight visitor in residence room”? “Music code violation”? “Attendance at a dance”!?… “Possession and/or use of tobacco”?!?… “Deception”!?!?
given the choice, i would have chosen the latter.
but then again, i haven’t spoken with my parents for more than 5 minutes in over 30 years, and it’s their persistent “do-it-our-way-or-you-get-kicked-out-of-the-house” attitude that is one of the main reasons why…
A cousin of mine attended Pensacola Christian College (or, as she referred to it, Pensacola Consentration Camp… going wasn’t exactly her choice) about 20ish years ago. Sounds like the same kind of crap. She talked about getting demerits for not wearing pantyhose.
PCC’s argument, and I imagine that Liberty uses the same reasoning, is that they are a private school, and if you don’t like the rules there are plenty of other places to go to school. My cousin went on the “you’re-going-here-or-you-get-kicked-out-of-the-house scholarship.” I can’t imagine why anyone would go to either institution of their own volition.
shaving your head isn’t gross though. to me, smoking is gross. everything about it turns me off and i’ve always felt that way. so i can’t really pretend i can predict the future with certainty, but my vision of my elderly self doesn’t include cigars or other forms of smoke. 🙂 except insence smoke. 😉
i’m not going to disagree with you, but how do you know that you won’t start smoking cigars sometime within the next 50 years? i know i never thought i would shave my head on a regular basis 20 years ago, but i do now… 8)
except for the cigar, that woman looks like me in 50 years.
+ 30 hours Disciplinary Community Service + possible Administrative Withdrawal. NOTE: For each accumulation of six or more reprimands after 30, an additional $150 fine will be assessed.
* Academic dishonesty
* Assault/sexual assault (minimum two semesters out)
* Commission/conviction of any felony
* Failure of three Christian/Community Services without reconciliation
* Illegal drugs-association/possession, use/distribution (minimum two semesters out)
* Involvement with witchcraft, séances or other occult activities
* Life-threatening behavior or language to others or oneself (immediate removal/exclusion from campus and a minimum of two semesters out)
* Non-participation/disruption/non-compliance (possible removal/exclusion from campus)
* Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages
* Refusal to submit to an Alco-Sensor test and/or drug test as specified by the administration
* Spending the night with a person of the opposite sex
* Stealing or possession of stolen property (plus financial restitution; minimum two semesters out)
* Two or more individuals of the opposite sex together in hotel/motel room without proper permission
* Unauthorized possession/use of weapons
But…what if it your Mom or Dad visiting from out of state? You can’t stay in a room with them? What if you are a student and are married? You can’t sleep with your husband?
Immorality? Isn’t that a bit vague?
No reprimands for bing pregnant?
Anyone who claims to have graduated from there is not human.
Comments are closed.