it’s the beginning of the end of my livejournal, and the end of the beginning for my own blog on my own domain, for which i don’t have to pay extra, and which doesn’t have all of the stupid rules and regulations that are getting more and more characteristic of livejournal and its parent company, sixapart.
i still have to:
- finish updating my httpd.conf file so that it will be where it’s supposed to be, and not where it is currently
- figure out how to make it so that more than one person can keep a blog
figure out how to make a RSS feed at livejournal, so that my livejournal friends can keep up with my blog
- figure out where to put my photo galleries
- finish tagging (which are called "categories" on the new blog) my previous entries – which is not a big deal and will probably take place over time.
- alert people that there has been a change, if they haven’t already noticed
- probably some other things which i haven’t thought of yet, or which i have thought of, but don’t remember right now.
if everything goes according to plan, my livejournal account will revert back to a free account in december, by which time i hope to have all of the wrinkles ironed out of the new blog.